Saturday, July 5, 2008

My two girls!

It’s another Rye Li! Ok, not a Rye Li but it’s a girl and hence, my wish for another girl is fulfilled! After my checkup, I told hubby that we can ‘close shop’ and he said “what’s wrong with 3 girls!”. LOL.

We went for my checkup earlier than scheduled since Rye Li wasn’t feeling well and we brought her in to see her doc (got news to update here but have done so at her blog) in the morning and since I’m out, I might as well take a medical leave for the day (but I had to go back to office in the afternoon as I had loads to do). Thus, after dropping the girl off at the daycare, hubby and I went to my Obgyn. Also, since I had the maid to pickup this Saturday, I might as well get this checkup done with so I’m not so tied up then.

I was wrong in my previous update that I’d probably put on 5-6kgs so far as I’ve actually put on 8kgs! This means I’ve put on 4kgs in 3 weeks. Yikes. I was 8kgs at 5 months with Rye Li and now I am the same weight with Baby 2 too at 5 and half months so I guess I’m going to put on just as much. Sob sob! So much for that 1kg I lost when I had the fever 4 weeks back. Must be those pasta and cheese I’ve been eating!

This birthday (yes it was my birthday that day) was the saddest birthday in my life and the only consolation I had was that I found the gender of Baby 2 finally and that it ended with a nice birthday dinner with hubby and the girl. Why was it sad? That I have explained at Rye Li’s blog, she was the start of it but I’m not blaming her at all.

Back to Baby 2, she is really active for this stage. I could only feel Rye Li’s movements from 20 weeks onwards and that also not very frequent. Baby 2 could be felt before 16 weeks and the last 3 weeks, her movements have gradually increased and I’m only at 22 weeks! I cannot imagine in the months to come.

Rye Li knew that she’s getting a mei-mei (Chinese: little sister) when her papa confirmed with her that evening after picking her up from the daycare. Her papa asked what she wants to name her mei-mei and she answered “Ikea” – I have no clue why. Anyway, I have some names in mind already but I haven’t made up my mind yet. I also bought a pair of baby pajamas for Baby 2 and 2 pairs for mittens and booties that night since we were at the mall and there was a sale. These are for her when she returns home from the hospital. I know she has loads of hand-me-downs from her cher-cher (Chinese: big sister) but you just can’t resist when you see girls stuff! ;)

So, will I go for number 3 at all? And really it’s not that I want a boy but hubby has been saying he wants 3 since he comes from 3 kids in his family and so do I. And he has said many times to me already “What is wrong with 3 girls?!, I don’t mind all girls!” I also don’t mind all girls really!Well, when the Dragon year comes and I’m up to it, I may just will unless accidents happened! ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yiippeee! Join the club of 2 girls! :) I'm so happy your wish has came true. Any shots of the ultrasound scan??

Unknown said...

Finally.. u dream came true. Guess the chinese calendar is quite accurate.

Didnt gain any weight yet. I've lost 6kg so far (that's not a good sign). Appetite getting better except for the "after-taste-food". Still very choosy with food. Hope to gain weight in my coming check-up.

And sad to hear Rye li's pead passed away.

And there's still a chance for you to get Baby No. 3 la.... hehehe...

Anonymous said...

THREE????!!!!!

Aiyo... they are lots of work!!! Trust me...I know!!!

I think your hubby doesn't realise HOW much work THREE kids are!

Anonymous said...

Wow...you and your Hubby will actually consider 3? My hats off to you, really!

So cute Rye Li wants to name her mei mei IKEA LOL