Sunday, July 27, 2008

Pregnancy Updates

I’m nearly 6 & a half months and I feel my tummy is big! Definitely bigger compared to Rye Li’s time and I’m wondering whether it is just fat or Baby 2 is big. I sure hope it’s the fat as the thought of having a big baby scares me – all Rye Li’s fault as she came out so small at 2.3kgs/5 pounds! Hehe, ok, maybe it was my fault but heck, I put on 21 kgs then la…so why was Rye Li so small?!

I’m trying to get Rye Li’s birth story up in case I will forget hers when Baby 2 comes. I still remember so clearly everything of Rye Li’s birth (and they say you do tend to forget the pain and all but not with me yet…perhaps after having another baby). I have started it in draft but I’m not even halfway of it…hope to have this up soon.

Baby 2 is pretty aggressive in my tummy, making her cher-cher (Chinese: elder sister) seemed so gentle as Rye Li’s movements then only became uncomfortable towards the end of the last trimester. Now I’m wondering does this mean Baby 2 will be more aggressive than her cher-cher too?! In Rye Li’ s second trimester, she mostly gave me gentle kicks but Baby 2 gives me more than just kicks! She really wiggles in there and not only is it ticklish but it can be painful at times, more like an electronic bolt. I’m wondering what it would be like when I hit my third trimester.

My appetite is way too good now. I can eat pretty much anything unlike the first 4 months which is kind off bad in a way as I feel I’m also putting on weight fast. My next checkup is next Saturday and I’m also curious…hehe. I just hope I didn’t put on as much as I did the last visit. I put on a whole lot during my second trimester with Rye Li too.

I’m craving for durians (which I totally dislike during the first trimester) but have to resist not so much for the pregnancy but because of Rye Li. She’s still coughing and she loves durian too so we can’t buy any home just yet. I was tempted to go eat with hubby over the weekend outside but we had too many plans to do just that, looks like I have to wait till the girl gets better.

Sleeping patterns are weird, I am tired but I can’t seem to sleep much. It takes me awhile to sleep and when I do, I need to get up and pee and hence, it takes me awhile to fall asleep again. And my dreams are getting weird as usual, can be about anything and everything. It is interesting that it mostly relates to my thoughts that I had during the day – I had a few weird dreams about my maid too!

As for nesting syndrome, haven’t exactly prepared ourselves for Baby 2’s arrival just as yet. We only just got some drawers and bookshelves for Rye Li’s room as I need to make way for her old plastic drawers for Baby 2’s clothes. Will start to do the washing of her clothes and the rest (preparation for her baby cot) when I reach 8 months. I just realized by having kids, the items you have in the house just grow along with them. I can’t believe the amount of clothes, books, toys and furniture that I’ve accumulated by just having Rye Li. And here I thought all this while that I would like my home to be as plain as possible so that housework would be a breeze. Unfortunately, this is not the case as I have full of obstacles (okay, some are our stuff too) around the house.

What have I gotten myself into! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing - so it's a different experience altogether huh? Interesting to see how Baby No. 2's character would be like :)

I know my Mum was very *relieved* when I came out to be such a good baby after my screaming-every-4-hours-for-milk sister LOL (ahem, ahem I'm a 'saint')

Tell us about the baby names already! ;-) ;-)

Anonymous said...

You look bigger 'cos ur muscles were stretched from the 1st pregnancy. I'm guessing baby girl is gonna be slightly heavier than jie jie..but not by a pound. Cassie was 6lb 5oz..and Belle was 1 oz lighter than 6 lbs. If Cassie were to be born earlier..she would weigh about Belle's birth weight.