Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Confinement’s over – bring out the champagne!

Yippie, it’s over! Or is it?!

Well, the confinement part is but the next challenging one is handling a toddler with a newborn which is on-going till the newborn isn’t newborn anymore, I guess. And then that would be another new challenge altogether.

Anyway, back to the confinement first. I’ve done myself proud with only washing my hair 3 times this round (I washed my hair 5 times during Rye Li’s). Now, I’m only waiting for the right time to chop off my hair – I’ve been dying to cut it real short throughout the pregnancy but only withstand it as I need to tie it up during the confinement.

This time also didn’t feel as bad as the last as I wasn’t really confined, having to send Rye Li to and fro from the daycare and also there were that few times where I had to pick my urut lady up from the commuter station.

I’ve had my fair share of ups and downs as well during this confinement but I won’t go into the details for fear of offending anyone. I’ve already ‘blasted’ what I wanted to say in previous posts and I shall leave it as it is.

So what did we do for the full moon? Well, just like Rye Li’s, we distributed full moon packages (forgot to take pictures of it) to friends and relatives on Friday. On Saturday, we had our family over for some food at home and since we had so much leftovers, we also invited some friends except that only one family could turn up due to the last minute invitation. Hehe.

Ok, now the challenging part. I didn’t really get to do my work throughout this one month, only managing some emails now and then. I still owe a fair bit to my clients. I thought I would have some time during the day time but unfortunately (or maybe fortunate) that Haye Li is a more demanding baby than her sister. She needs to be carried around daytime and weirdly enough, she will sleep on her own evening onwards. And there is no way I will work at nights as I don’t get enough sleep already and I can’t really sleep daytime with a demanding baby.

So where is this leading to? Well, I’m really thankful that I have the daycare to send Rye Li to daytime throughout the weekdays and I only have her at nights and weekends. And this is also enough to send me up the wall handling a toddler and a baby at the same time. It is worst when hubby is not around!

I’m also grateful for having a maid this time. She’s not the perfect maid, she has her own flaws but at least she does the cleaning around the house and that means a lot to me too.

I cannot imagine having to go back to office in 4 weeks time – not sure how will I cope then. I’m more worried as to whether I can keep up with the milk supply for Haye Li. I am determined to also breastfeed her for at least a year just like Rye Li but with me having to see clients out of office will be a challenge for me. I will see where this will lead me to when I return to office.

I’m also worried with the way hubby travels, whether I can cope with two kids or not. I know there’s the maid but the thing is, I don’t let her handle the kids. I do let her with some stuff for Rye Li, if she lets her but definitely not the baby. No thanks to her weak health too (she has been sick 3 times with us so far and this is her 5th month!). And she has this dry cough that has not gone away since day 1 when we picked her up. Not sure if we will still have her after next month or not as I will need to take her for another x-ray checkup. If her x-ray shows negative, I can have the option of changing her with the agent but hubby did remind me that I will have to start all over again with the new maid and we don’t know whether we can trust her also. At least this one, I can trust her to a certain extent. Oh well, we will also see how it goes next month.

Hubby is away this whole week, for 6 nights and this is one of the longest so far with us having two kids. Rye Li took it quite badly as she has grown closer to her papa during my pregnancy with Haye Li and also ever since Haye Li came out. The first night, I really had to attend to her and let’s put it this way, while I was nursing Haye Li, I was also feeding Rye Li her dinner! She was really cranky then and only wanted me and no one else.

So, I am wondering how I will cope handling 2 kids when I go back to work but knowing us women, nothing is impossible when we’re faced with challenges alone. I sure hope so! :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hang in there, we will have the long holiday and you can enjoy some wine with the girls, maybe some time off if HayeLi can stick with me...Luv Ya...

Anonymous said...

Wow...can't imagine breastfeeding and feeding a tot at the same time!

Amazing woman you ;-)