Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Being confined

It’s been nearly 2 weeks and how has it been so far? Hot, hot and hot! I need a hair wash again only having to wash it on Saturday. I’ve managed to last 10 days this time round. I wanted to try 12 days but I just couldn’t as I felt there was a mini zoo in my hair already! With Rye Li, I only managed 8 days so this is a better attempt. LOL.

During the first week, I was alone with the maid mostly while Rye Li was at the daycare and hubby at work. Yes, he had to work that week as he has a new boss that just came in. Initially, he was supposed to take the week off since his parents couldn’t come till last weekend. They were in Medan for a holiday booked earlier and we didn’t want them to forego it just for me.

My food was well taken care off by my parents as well as hubby over the first weekend. I had packets of frozen vinegar pork leg in the freezer as a standby if hubby couldn’t cook for me.

Hubby had to be away for a night in the first week and I had to send Rye Li to the daycare for one and a half days. He asked me to leave her at home but there was no way I wanted her to as I don’t think I can cope with 2 of them alone at home. The maid? Well, she was with me and she had the flu again so having her to take care of Rye Li was also not an option and has never been. Lucky for me, Haye Li slept all the way to and fro in the car. Even when the in-laws are in town, I will still send Rye Li to the daycare when hubby is travelling except that I won’t be bringing Haye Li with us.

I’ve started pumping (will do a separate post on my 2nd breastfeeding journey when I can) so MIL could feed Haye Li if needed.

I’ve also started my urut (malay: massage) and it hurts like hell! I don’t like the oily stuff and after each session, I really have to wipe myself down. The lady was nice and patient enough to allow me to nurse Haye Li in between the sessions. During Rye Li’s time, my MIL would be feeding Rye Li with my expressed milk then. She will do this with Haye Li next week onwards when I continue my urut.

It does help having a maid as she does the washing, cleaning the house and all. I realize this time that I don’t think I will get to dress Haye Li in all the baby clothes I got (I received more hand-me-downs) as the maid washes them Only thing about my maid is that I don’t allow her to handle Haye Li so it has all been me since Day 1.

Not only I nurse her, I change and bathe her too. It has been manageable so far and now that my in-laws are here, I’m still doing this. At least I can have them to oversee Haye Li when I need to go to the toilet, etc instead of depending on the maid.

This confinement doesn’t feel as bad as the previous one so far (guess coz I’ve been going out but only to send Rye Li to and fro to the daycare) but I’m still counting to the days where I don’t have to follow the confinement stuff anymore. I do so want my ice cream! LOL but I will probably wait till very much later since I’m breastfeeding and I’m not sure whether this girl will be colicky like her sister or not. I sure hope not!

Another 16 days to go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy to hear that your in-laws are with you now. Haye Li sounds like a little angel :)

Luckily Rye Li can spend the night at the daycare if needed.

Wah...this maid of yours sure is one sickly person! May I suggest getting her a bottle of vit C to pop daily?

Touch wood, I've managed to ward off SEVERAL flu bugs thru vit C and echinacea. I CAN'T afford to get sick - it's hell already when my period's here.

I didn't get an urut with Lucas - is it any good??? I'm O-O when I read "PAIN". Hehe, I'm such a baby :P

ryeli said...

kittycat - actually, rye li only goes day time to the daycare. she wouldn't want to spend the night there although i know aunty ng would allow it. so it has been me taking care of both girls at night when hubby is not around (the same when in laws r around). this is why i need rye li out of the house day time to recuperate! :D

yes, i did give the maid vit C but i think her persistent dry cough and running nose got 2 do with her lungs. i will know next month whn i take her for her x-ray again. in a way, i'm hoping it comes out bad so that i have a reason to change her - i cant afford a sickly maid all the time although she is alright in housework.

the urut helps to correct whatever 'urat' that has 'putus' when we give birth which is why it hurts alot. it does make u feel better after the pain...hehe. weird huh, why we pay so much to suffer at the same time! but in the long run, it does ur body good.