Wednesday, December 3, 2008

What is it like having 2 kids?

I have been asked many times lately how has been so far with two kids. Well, it is definitely tiring as your energy is spread out over 2 kids now. Before Haye Li came along, I was worried as to how am I going to divide my attention between them two and also would I love Haye Li as much as I love Rye Li. I guess this question is common among us moms who are expecting no. 2.

You just go with the flow when both kids want your attention at the same time and yes, it does drive you up the wall too especially when you’re so tired. I did have these stressful times and I’m glad I could manage it well most of the time. They were a few times that I had to attend to the baby first and later have to explained to an unhappy toddler. And they were also a few times where I let the baby cried it out while I attend to the toddler.

As for loving them both, I have to say I do love Haye Li equally as much but I do feel that the love for them both is kind of different in a way. I mean, Rye Li is my Rye Li and Haye Li is my Haye Li. They’re both different and I would probably learn more about Haye Li in due time – now I’m only learning through what I’ve observed in the last 6 weeks.

Just don’t ask me the question who would I save first if both are in danger – I hate this kind of questions as I do not have the answer and I will never will. I just pray I don’t have to face this kind of situation in real life, ever!

As much as I’m really exhausted with 2 kids now, I have no regrets having no.2. In fact, having her has brought me back to memory lane when I had Rye Li. I’m so thankful that I could go through it all again, those memorable times of course. Like playing and singing to a newborn. Rye Li grew so fast and now, I’m going through it all over again with Haye Li. I get to dress her up again in those cute outfits and shoes (especially since Rye Li had so many!).

I’m not sure if I can get some quality time with Haye Li alone especially when I return to work since I can’t show too much attention to her in front of Rye Li. Perhaps when hubby takes Rye Li out over the weekends which she enjoys so much. *this is also a hint to hubby!* LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

eh, no need to hint...i been doing as much as I can....but how about me, i want to spend time with HayeLi too....Well will wait till i can feed her more from bottles! Luv you all...