Friday, December 26, 2008

Not feeling Christmassy

This is the first time we’re not doing our Christmas tradition and it does feel weird. Christmas to me has always been at Grandma’s house as far back as I can remember. This has been our tradition. Now with both Grandpa and Grandma gone, our Christmas feels ‘dead’ too.

We kept Grandma’s place and my uncle will be staying on there. So we did some renovation and it was suppose to be completed on time for Christmas but it wasn’t and hence, we didn’t get our Christmas.

So everyone celebrated Christmas in the own way. We had dinner on Christmas eve with our immediate family at a restaurant and on Christmas day, we celebrated at home ourselves. Hubby cooked (roasted pork loin and ribs) our dinner. His brother, wife and their friend came over for dinner. My sister and her kids came over early to play with Rye Li and I guess the kids had the most fun.

Now that Christmas has come and gone, I still feel somewhat cheated of it. I’m glad Rye Li at least had her fun. Hopefully next year’s would be back to normal, well, not so normal as it would never be the same anymore without my grandparents. At least we still have the rest of the family and the house. And Haye Li would be able to enjoy Christmas by then too.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

No comments: