Thursday, March 6, 2008

A scare!

I have been extra careful ever since we found out that I was pregnant. My doctor gave me the week off to rest and he said that I should not carry the girl at all if I can help it.

I've been working from home when I can (as my work cannot exactly wait although hubby would go against this) and have been for 2 appointments so far with my clients that cannot be postponed. Although doing these, I've been really careful not to overstress myself.

As for carrying the girl, I have minimised it alot but I cannot help it when I need to take her to and fro from the daycare and thus, I need to carry her to and fro from the carseat. Hubby is away these 3 days for a business trip to Penang so I'm all alone.

Yesterday, when I picked the girl up from the daycare, I felt a pull when I lifted her to her car seat. There wasn't any pain or anything so I just let it be. Later that night, I also felt a tug at my wee-wee area and when I went for my shower, I notice a full discharge of pale brownish colour and a very small tiny streak of blood. This reminded me of the night my waterbag broke with Rye Li except that Rye Li's time, I had more water gushed out and the tiny streaks of blood was more vicible then.

I panicked upon seeing this last night and as much as I'm trying to be positive about this pregnancy, I am also darn worried and can't help thinking the worst. I have not been spotting since Saturday although the cramps are there now and then and now this! Since that discharge, there have been small yellow spottings and no sign of blood. I'm on alert mode right now and if I sense anything abnormal, I will be off to the doctor. The thing is, if this happen in the middle of the night with hubby not around, I got no choice but to wait till day time. I pray that the discharge is purely nothing.

Why I'm also worried is that I find myself going back to history whereby any discharge I feel, I have to immediately go and check and will stare and stare at it to make sure it's not blood! I remember how paranoid I was when I was pregnant with Rye Li and there were a few times I had to show hubby to make sure it wasn't blood!

I'm also feeling guilty of over-doing it at Bangkok in terms of walking alot and that one massage that I had. That massage was also my first time in terms of that lady having to massage my tummy area and she did push my womb up. The previous Thai massage I had never had this before. I didn't worry that time as I knew my period was coming. I asked my doctor about this and he pushed my worries aside, he said as long as they didn't step on my back (but the lady did kind of sit on my back when she was massaging my shoulder!).

I hate this situation of not knowing and wondering whether I should have done this or that. At this point in time, I only have to pray for the best.

No comments: