Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My Bangkok trip


I had a sales training last week at Bangkok and this is the first time whereby I will be away from the girl the longest time ever which was in total 6 nights. The first 3 nights, hubby was around to look after her and the remaining 3 nights, she was looked after by my sister and her maid. From her blog, you will know that it went really well and I’m going to use this to my advantage to have more “me” or “our” time.

Anyway, this post is not about the girl (muahaha), it is about hubby and I. Hubby joined me for the weekend there and this is our first time away together in just over 2 years (yes, as old as Rye Li). So what did we do?! We shopped and shopped and eat and eat.

On Friday night, our friends took us to this lovely place for dinner which took us like over an hour to get there (including traffic). The food was delicious, a mixture of local thai food as well as continental. The theme of the place is very much like those dutch farms whereby the structure of the houses and buidling there looks dutch. Even the waiters and waitresses are dressed in dutch clothes. They have huge picnic tables all over and in the middle of the place, there is a swamp which has fishes, ducks and swans in it. They also have a little place for rabbits. You would bring your kids here for sure. Because one of our Thai friend’s friend brought his 3 year old daughter along for dinner, it made me miss the girl more and after I had my dinner, I went to play with the girl.

After dinner, hubby and I went shopping since they have midnight sales that weekend. The next morning, we went to the weekend market, Chatuchak and spent more than half the day there before heading to MBK for more shopping. Hubby and I had to rush back to the hotel to get ready for my surprise dinner from hubby (it wasn’t so much a surprise as he told me he had dinner plans for me on Saturday night when he arrived the day before). I sort of guess where he would take me for dinner but didn’t expect the place to be so damn nice! So where we had our romantic dinner?! ….at The Dome and at their restaurant, called Sirocco.

I was giddy with the fact that we’re 64 floors up in the air and it was really beautiful up there. This place is not cheap I tell you and let’s just say this is by far the most expensive dinner hubby and I ever had together. I was asked to shut up by hubby on the prices of the food and beverages before we even land on the top of this place (he knows me too well!). But when I saw the menu and of course, the prices, I was even more giddier and had to voice out my opinions!

So how was the food? Ok-la but it should be better for the price we paid! hehe. An interesting fact, I think the bill would have been more expensive if we were to have alcohol but it was the day before their elections and it is illegal to serve alcohol that day. I was just curious as to how the Mat Salleh’s (there were plenty of them) are enjoying their meals without their favourite beverages.

ignore my scary face - just look at the view! ;)

I have to say hubby gained more brownie points with this little surprise. I’ve never been pampered this way before and I tried my luck to see if he will ever take me to Lafite in KL?! Of course not! Hehe.


On Sunday, we did more shopping in between checking out of the hotel and waiting for our flight home. Although it was a short trip for both hubby and I and the fact that we had another person in our room that 2 nights (my boss), I guess it was worth it as now we know that the girl can live without us (since she was having such a gala time herself). Will we have more “our” trips? You betcha!

No comments: