Saturday, March 22, 2008

2nd checkup


We were at my Obgyn's this morning and we saw Baby 2's heartbeat, including Rye Li. I guess amidst the morning sickness and nausea and the horrible feeling I'm going through, that sight just made the whole thing worth it! hehe.

We had the scan printed out too. My Obgyn was saying what for since can't see much and I said to compare with Rye Li's (although we forgot to ask the 1st time scan to be printed out).


We are looking forward to seeing Baby 2's full form in 4 weeks time, which is the next check up. I am at 7 and a half week's now.

Below is what Baby Centre has to say at 7 weeks;

Your uterus has doubled in size in just two months (my comments: holy cow!) but you're unlikely to look pregnant yet (my comments: with the 'leftovers' from Rye Li, my tummy does look big!) , even though inside you may be on an emotional rollercoaster (my comments: tell me about it!). If you could see your baby, you'd probably notice eyelids forming, the nubs where fingers and toes are beginning to grow, and a tiny heart beating beneath parchment-thin skin. This is a critical stage when many major organs are forming.


As for Rye Li, we have already told her a few week's back about Baby 2. Initially, she will ask me "where's baby"? And then there was once she asked "where's ti-ti (chinese: little brother)?" [she's still adamant for wanting a ti-ti]. I had to correct her saying we don't know whether Baby 2 is a mei-mei (chinese: little sister) or a ti-ti yet. Now if you ask her where's mummy's baby and she will say "Inside Mummy's stomach". She's also willing to kiss my tummy and say "Goodnight Baby or Hello Baby" and will pat my tummy gently. She gets excited when I say when Baby 2 comes out, she will be a cher-cher (chinese: elder sister)and she will go "Rye Li cher-cher". I just pray that she is still this excited when Baby 2 is actually out! LOL, we shall see eh?!

Lately, she is also showing signs of being extra demanding. This whole week when we picked her up from the daycare, she was always in a foul mood and refused to cooperate when sitting in her car seat. So we had to force her and her mood just gets worst for the whole journey home! I am wondering is this also in relation to Baby 2.

At my Obgyn this morning, the girl was her usual talkative self. She always ask to see Dr. Fan when he's not in sight but when he is, she goes numb. But it was interesting to see Dr. Fan teasing her and she will reply at times. At our first visit nearly 3 weeks ago, Dr. Fan said she's a real cili padi (malay: small chilli, aka small but fierce!)as she was talking non-stop throughout our visit there. I am really curious to see her reaction towards the up-coming scans. I do want to share as much as I can with her for this pregnancy to also prepare her for what is in store for her. I wonder if she really knows what's going on.

3 comments:

Vien said...

Woah!!!! Soooo excited for you! Soon you will join the club of Mother of 2. LOL! Congrats, dear! Now, I have to go back to reading your post..just had to comment first. :)

moms tales said...

woo hoo!!! Congrats!!! Look forward to reading more of baby 2's developments!! :-)

KittyCat said...

Congratulations!!! Rye Li sounds like she's going to be a great cher-cher LOL For the 10th time, I'm so, so envious ok ;-) Take care!