Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Good News?!


It's official, I'm pregnant! :D



I knew my period was due during my sales training at Bangkok and there were signs of cramping already before the trip. And the last thing on my mind was that I could be pregnant. So once my colleagues and I landed at Bangkok, we went shopping and that night itself I had a Thai massage.

The next few days, still cramping but no sign of my period yet. I had coffee throughout our training, beer and wine on our 2nd night there with my colleagues and went shopping again on the 3rd night there. While shopping, I felt a discharge and know that my period came. But upon checking, it wasn't blood per se but more like towards the end of your period cycle, the brownish -pale looking stuff. But nonetheless, I started wearing my pad since that night. The next few days, there were spotting and discharge and cramps still but no blood and the idea of me being pregnant started to settle in although I was in disbelief as the cramps were very real and more painful when I'm sleeping.

The last 2 days I was in Bangkok, the spotting stop although there were colourless discharge still and cramps. And although we shopped alot, all that walking made me really tired and it was worst when I had to walk up the stairs, it took me ages to walk up the stairs. I was thinking of seeing my doctor on Monday once I'm back to KL but hubby said to wait another week and see. But before I picked the girl up from my sister's, I went to the pharmacy to get me a test-kit and tested it that evening when we reached home. It came out positive and I told hubby that I should go see my doctor that night itself since it's on duty on Monday and Wednesday evening at this place near my home.

My doctor confirmed it with the scan (which I was surprised that it could be seen so clearly at 5 weeks since I had to do the vaginal scan with Rye Li when I was like 5 and a half weeks with her). And he gave me the rest of the week off since I was still cramping with some medication. This came as a bad timing as I had so much of things to do at work but both my doc and hubby talked some sense into me saying that if anything were to happen to my pregnancy, my office cannot bring it back.

I'm not sure why either that hubby became so superstitious and said not to tell anybody yet until 3 weeks later which is my next appointment with the doctor. So, as of now, only hubby and I as well as my boss (as I need her to understand why I'm taking the whole week off) know about this. I'm sorry that by the time you read this, I'm probably be at least 8 weeks or so already. You cannot imagine how badly I want to tell the whole world (well, at least our family and close friends and some of my blogger friends too!).

I am at of mixed feelings now - I am happy and excited that I am actually pregnant since we have been planning for several months now but upset that the symptoms are similiar to Rye Li's. With Rye Li, I was spotting more and lesser cramps and the spotting lasted all the way to 5th month. This time, it's lesser spotting but more cramping. I mean, most healthy pregnancies do not have these symptoms right?!

Yes, to console myself, Rye Li is out and she is a healthy baby although I went through all that with her. So if this baby is as tough as Rye Li, I don't have anything to worry about eh?! ;)

Also, with those symptoms, we announce to everyone about my pregnancy when I was like 5 and half weeks but now I've to keep mum till my next appointment which will see me about 8 weeks then. Hubby is more sensitive now that he knows natural abortion is also a common thing.

It's Thursday now, 3 days after we found out I'm actually pregnant. I'm not sure if it's all in the mind but at times I do feel nauseous but I pray that it won't be as bad as Rye Li's. With Rye Li, my morning sickness and nausea came a week later after I found out I was pregnant with her. And this lasted till 6 months too, the morning sickness that is. The nausea only lasted a month. But I do feel giddy in the mornings and I'm not sure whether it's got to do with the pregnancy.

I will update on my pregnancy here till I know the sex of the baby and then will decide his/her name in which I will start a separate blog for him/her. It will be tough to maintain 3 blogs then but my priority will be for my babies.

We haven't told Rye Li yet about this, we will probably prepare her once we tell the whole world too. But prior to this, I did ask her whether she wants a 'mei-mei' (little sister) or a 'ti-ti' (little brother) and her answer is always a ti-ti. I'm guessing it's because she likes this ti-ti at the daycare which is why she always answer that. I usually thought girls prefer girls no matter what at this age. Let's see if her answer will change later.

Wish me a smooth pregnancy!

No comments: