Sunday, October 5, 2008

Possibility of an early labour?

I have been having period-like cramps for the past one week. The last I had this was the week before Rye Li came out and hence, I was a little paranoid that Baby H is going to come out early too and I'm only in my 35th week.

I was told by my friend to talk to Baby H and I've been asking her to come out on 23rd October onwards - firstly, to make sure hubby's around. Secondly, for me to finish up or at least clear up most of the stuff at work (if baby h doesn't come out by then, i should be on my leave from 22nd this months onwards already). And thirdly, at least get myself mentally prepared for another baby.

Interestingly, when I started to talk to her, I didn't have the cramps for 2 nights (the cramps comes at night only). Then it started again on Friday evening onwards and when I still had it till Saturday morning, I decided to go see my doctor, a week earlier than scheduled. I just need to get some peace of mind since hubby is travelling this coming week.

My doc said that he could do a 'finger check' to check on baby H but he normally doesn't do this till at least 38th week as it could induce labour (now I know why I didn't get this with Rye Li as I heard from others that some doctors will do this finger thingy). He also said that he could do the CTG thingy (which they will wrap this device round my tummy, the ones that they use while you're in labour to check on the contractions and the baby's condition) but it won't be accurate to say whether baby H will be coming out early or not. I guess it was because I didn't have any other symptoms which indicate that I would have an early labour, so my doc just did the usual scan. He commented that baby H is at a good size already of 5 pounds and thus, he is not worried should she come out now. He said baby H looked fine to him through the scan and said for me to just relax and chill. He also asked that I start to plan for back up in case I do go into labour when hubby is not around.

I will be seeing him again next week on a weekly basis now till baby H comes out. I need to fast before I see him next week so that he can check on my blood to see whether I got diabetes or not (since I got a family history for this).
Before we saw him, we went for a late breakfast but I puked it all out into the drain by the roadside. Till now, I'm not sure what caused me to puke it all out but my doc didn't seem too all concern when I told him this. I just felt such a waste as I had good hearty breakfast! LOL...I was hungry shortly after we saw my doc.

As for my weight, it's pretty much controlled (surprisingly, considered the way I eat these days!) as I've only put on half a kg since last week. So in total so far, I've put on 14.5kgs. :)

My hospital bag is about 90% packed, baby H's clothes are all washed and ready (except for some towels and bibs which can be washed later). Now I only need to get her baby cot, bedsheets and baby bassinet ready and also the backup plans ready in case I do go into early labour.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Baby H will arrive when Daddy is around. Keep me posted ya! Btw, we had those cramps few weeks before Cassie EDD..but she ended up overdue.

Anonymous said...

At last the hospital bag is packed :) Will be waiting for your updates too, ya! Cheering for you all the way from here, ok?