Sunday, October 19, 2008

38 weeks - still not out

Ok, i'm not jinxed! Phew!

Baby H has lived a week longer than Rye Li had in my tummy and I made up my mind that if she doesn't come out by 27th October, I will induce her on the 28th itself which I would be exactly 39 weeks then. My doc said he will do the finger check when I see him this coming Saturday to see if my cervix has soften so we can set the date.

One of the reasons for this is that my colleague's wife just delivered at 39 & half weeks normal and her baby is 4.24kgs (over 9 pounds!) and this is really scaring me big time. Although my doc said baby H is about 6 pounds now, I just hope she doesn't get that big!

I also need to watch what I eat coz I put on 2 kgs in 1 week! First thing my doc asked to see when he realized I've gained 2 kgs was my legs - he said, it looks like water retention and I sure hope so! LOL.

My period-cramps like comes and go and now, every time I get a cramp, I will time it just to see if it's a contraction or not. I'm still working and will be going on leave tomorrow onwards as I don't think I want to drive to and fro to work already. Will probably try to relax before she comes out and most likely will be doing some work from home (although I know hubby and some friends will protest to this).

My backaches are still there and I pee like 3-4 times a night. At times, I can go back to sleep easily, probably coz I'm really tired but at times, it takes forever to fall back asleep (like now which is why I was up doing work and also to update this quickly). Because my waterbag burst in the middle of the night the last time round, I do get paranoid now when I wake up to pee at nights. I sure hope she doesn't come out till next week at least as I do want to rest the next few days of my leave.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there - Lucas was in me right up to the 39th week and he was 3.8 kg :)

Remember that I put on 30+ kg? Rest and relax...