Monday, October 13, 2008

37 weeks - is it time yet?

Tonight marks the eve of my 37th week…yes, I’m still around. Cramps had been coming and going for the last 2 and a half weeks. Last week itself I had 2 nights of scare and a night of mild fever and a lot of cramps during the daytime (not as painful as nights).

Hubby is back and he won’t be travelling till baby H comes out. I’m hoping she is out after 23rd next week (just so I’ll have a Scorpio baby! Hehe).

Went for my check up on Saturday which was such a disappointment for me as I waited so darn long, had my blood tested for diabetes (they took so much blood and I was expecting them to just prick my finger!) and after all that waiting, my doctor only checked on baby H’s heartbeat. Not even a scan and when I asked him why, he said “Save money mah!”. Geez. I was looking forward to him to see if she’s engaged after all that cramps or whether I was dilating but he said no need as it was still early.

I’ve only put on 15ks so far (6kgs lesser than Rye Li’s at this stage) but wondering if baby H do come out late, how much more would I be adding on. Yes, I am paranoid about this too. J

Anyhow, if history repeats itself, my waterbag should break after midnight tonight and I would have baby H by tomorrow morning. However, I don’t think I would be that lucky this time coz the last 2 and half weeks of cramping hasn’t not been swell for me and I feel that this pregnancy will be a “pain” for me – I think I’d prefer if my waterbag breaks. At least I know she will be out within 24 hours instead of me wondering when will she be out while suffering from the cramps!

The waiting game begins.

Below are pictures I took. Just wanted to compare with Rye Li’s at 36 weeks…Boy! Am I huge!
this is me at 36 weeks with Rye Li

this is me at 36 weeks and 2 days with baby H - tummy looks bigger at the front (could be my fat)

the girls and I

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks Baby H has dropped (from the pic)..but then again, we're all loser (in the tummy) after the first pregnancy. Luckily your hubby is back from his trip. Now, if anything happens he could drive you to the hospital.

Sasha Tan said...

First, u look very nice leh! stil vry slim!

And then abt the post natal dep. Doc told me that 2nd preg are more likely to get pnd. esp when u are very attached and hands on with no1. Plus, i already have pnd since i was preg with jayden. It sort of dragged on until now. Another contribution is the husband. i can say most pnd is most likely to be caused by the husb, not helping, saying the wrong thing. But another thing is also becos of the hormone. when u';re preg u're full with hormones but once u gave birth , its gone. so u need the pills to regulate the hormone and to keep everything sane to u. Otherwise everything is like soo totally wrong and that's when u go haywire. I hope u dun have to go thru the same thing like mine.. so better talk to yr hub and start to plan now.

Anyway have a pain free labour! good luck!

Anonymous said...

Wow...you're looking really good ok! You've got such a nice, rosy glow...

Please share tips on how you manage to stay slim overall??? I was fat all over LOL

Gosh...Rye Li has really grown too :)

synnee said...

vien - i think it's fat leh...hehe, yes, loser there. wonder how bad will it be after no. 2.

sasha - thanks for dropping by and also for the compliments. i only posted the best shots. trust me, i do look fat from alot of angles!

thanks also for the tips - i hope i wont have any depression although i wld be rudely awaken with handling 2 kids at the same time.

kittycat - thanks but it's from an angle that will make me look slim la. i have put on a fair bit and it is overall! glow? what glow...cld be the lighting and also the fact that i'm hot at that time. haha... yes, she has grown hasn't she?! but still petite.