Sunday, September 28, 2008

Pregnancy updates

I remember saying that Baby H only started hiccupping at the beginning of my third trimester unlike Rye Li who started way earlier. But Baby H is exactly like her sister in that she hiccups at least once a day and this can go up to as many as 4 times a day! At times I really wonder what is she really feeling when she hiccups so many times in a day.

She still moves aggressively and at times it’s so ticklish that I will yelped, something I didn’t do with Rye Li. Again, I really wonder what is she doing in there. She seems to be awake during the day and at nights too with all that movements.

I am at 34 and a half weeks now and if she comes out at 37 weeks, this means I got another 2 and half weeks more to go. Wow! So fast and it feels like yesterday that I found out I was pregnant and then the beginning of my morning sickness and all. I can’t believe that we will be a family of four soon.

I went for my check up after my Grandma’s funeral since I had the time and also we don’t have to rush on Saturday. I was pleasantly surprised that I only added 100 grams to my weight. Hehe…but my doctor said it was nothing to worry about since my previous check up was at his other clinic and hence, different weighing machine! Party pooper! Anyway, I’m also guessing that I didn’t eat that much this week especially after finding out about my grandma (just didn’t have an appetite and only ate coz I was thinking about baby H and that I felt weak at times too).

My doc didn’t scan my tummy this time but just checked on baby H’s heartbeat through this device and said all was okay. My next visit in 2 weeks time, he will go back to scanning her like usual. I told him that I didn’t get this with Rye Li and I forgot what his reply was. Anyway, after my next visit which I would be nearly 37 weeks, my check ups will be weekly from then onwards. I also didn’t get to the weekly checkups with Rye Li since she came out so early. Let’s see how it will go this time round.

And again, my doc said that baby H is big and will definitely be bigger than Rye Li. This I know for sure since Rye Li is already so small but I’m just curious how much bigger will she be. Some people said my tummy is small while some say is big. I feel it is definitely bigger than Rye Li’s.
I’ve been asked by several people now, where are my preggy shots?! I have not even taken that many pictures of Rye Li lately, what more of my own?! ;) So, we force ourselves to take some this weekend and the following are the best few of the very few we took. Rye Li was in a good mood that evening so we took the opportunity to have a family one but it didn’t last for long so not that many good shots. I still need to take some more of us especially of Rye Li kissing my tummy.

we did some funny drawings on our tummy, an idea we got from the hospital when we were there for my checkup that day




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey.. ur tummy does look BIG. compared to mine. Yours is quite round and mine it's flat on front and we both having little girl. hehe..

Time really flies.. and I might be hearing from you soon or anytime about you giving birth to Baby H.
This time round am still not ready to give birth yet!.

Hope you relax and get ready to welcome your little gal to this world ;).

Anonymous said...

LOL! I had a good laugh looking at the photos. Looks like Ryeli enjoyed it immensely...that goes the same for your big belly hub. :P

I have a feeling you will be heading down the same road as I did with Cassie. That girl was too comfortable inside and refused to come out.

Anonymous said...

Love those shots.

You reminded me both the girls hicup a lot too during my pregnancy with them. How I'd forgotten.

Btw, I didn't know you are expecting number two. Congratulations yah!

ryeli said...

may - big eh?! it's interesting that i didnt put on as much this time but my tummy so big! hehe.

vien - not too sure abt her coming out late though coz i've been cramping this past week that i had to go see my doc today. the last i had this was whn rye li came out! we will see eh.

zmm - thanks!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, I LOVE the shots! You look great, girl WOOOOOOT ;-) ;-)

They make such a cute and cool family portrait LOL Seriously, you're such a pretty pregnant lady. I was so, so ugly bleagh