Friday, September 12, 2008

8 months and counting!

Ok, a mental note to myself…to do Baby H’s birth story immediately if I ever plan to have baby no. 3.!

After the previous post, I’ve been scared of the inevitable. Even describing it then, scared me as I was reliving everything again and had to seek comfort from hubby. I really wanted to cry but like I said, whether I like it or not, Baby H has to come out one way or the other!

Saw my Obgyn today and I had loads of questions to ask. But firstly, I told him I want to scan that part again as I need to make sure Baby H is Baby H since we have only scanned there once. I told him that a lot of people have been asking me how sure am I that I’m getting another girl and this week itself, a few of my clients said my tummy’s shape looks like I’m carrying a boy. Told him, I already have a name for her and a blog for her too so she better be a girl! He said hopefully, she’ll show herself which she did and yep, it’s definitely a girl! So that’s settled.

I questioned him about my high blood pressure the last time while delivering Rye Li and he said it’s not a concern as some women tend to have high bp while delivering. If it was a concern, he would have raised this issue up earlier. He said of course I will be monitored for this throughout the labour but he don’t foresee that it will impose a danger to me or to baby H.

I asked him a lot on epidural and my fear on pain and said the epidural doctor came too late the last time and he suggested if Baby H doesn’t come out by the time I reach 38 weeks, I can chose a date to induce and have the epidural upfront and wait. But if I have labour pains before that then we will just have to see my luck again. He said usually, second time round, the baby tends to come out faster but he guarantees if it were the third one onwards, it would be very fast already. I was telling him, let’s focus on this second one first as we may not see a third!

I also asked about panthedine whether got any difference and he said it helps with 50% of the pain and of course, it’s much cheaper than epidural. He said if money is not a concern, then I should opt for epidural (RM1k plus vs RM40!). I told him money would be a concern but for me, my body and how I would take the pain at this point in time are more important. He did stress that I should relax and don’t think so much about delivering as I’m creating unnecessary fear which I also agree (I do worry too much!)

Thus, I’ve come to a conclusion that I will play by ear too like how I will play by ear on where I will deliver, either at the same place which is TDMC or Sunway Medical Centre (since Sunway is nearer to my house and office) but my Obgyn is the house doctor at TDMC. I don’t want to take the risk of having another doctor if I dilate too fast again this time, so if I’m not stuck in traffic by the time I go into labour, I will head to TDMC. If it’s too late again to take epidural, then I will just get the jab to ease 50% of the pain.

Oh, I’m adding on weight like nobody’s business again. Put on 2 kgs in 2 weeks which is not good as I should be putting on about half a kg a week. So hubby asked me whether half of it went to Baby H and I just gave him the stare! Men! I will worry about the excess weight after Baby H is out.

I’ve been getting faintish spells and fast heartbeats. Doc said that I’m not getting enough rest which is true as it is getting difficult to have a peaceful sleep lately and Rye Li is getting sick often too (flu) which she has passed to me several times. And work is crazy as usual which I’m trying to clear as much as I can before I pop. As for the heartbeats, doc said it’s normal in my condition.

I’m at the stage where I cannot wait to have Baby H out and at the same time, scared of the after birth events too like how am I going to deal with 2 kids then. Can I equally divide my attention and love for them? I know I’ve been reading other mummies’ blogs as well as listening to experienced moms and that they all managed to overcome this. You just grow and learn along with it and you will find that you love them all as much. I guess I will encounter the ‘culture shock’ initially and will just learn to deal with it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See? You are able to console yourself...you're all set la! Hmm..your obgyn let you induce after 38 wks? Very different from here. My obgyn will not let me induce unless I'm at 40 wks and beyond.

Now is the time for you to start lighten your workload. I know it's difficult to finish up work prior to maternity leave; but work will still be there. You, my dear, need to learn how to chill.

KittyCat said...

Hehehe looks like Vien and I think alike! While she's more gentle, I'm asking, "Can't you let some things go?"

I remember how STRESSED I was closing up my project before delivering Lucas. Thinking back, I should have said NO. Then, other non-delivering folks will have to take them on.

I would then have a break to rest and prepare for the birth. Try this option and see?

It's really getting near and it seems like work is THE problem...

Take it easy, ok? I remember giving those glares to Hubby too LOL