Saturday, May 3, 2008

Weird dreams

I have been getting some weird dreams for this pregnancy. Funny though that I do not remember whether I had any during my 1st pregnancy.

Since over a month back, my dreams are just plain weird and Baby Centre did warn that I would be facing this especially during the first trimester and the third trimester. The dreams never made an impact on me although I do question them at times.

I had a nightmare over a week ago and this one I need to pen down as this is by far the worst dream I ever had in my life. I have dreamt of ghost haunting me and deaths in my life and although these had also disturbed me then, this particular one is still very disturbing to me till today.

Every parents' nightmare is to see their young ones go before them. And this is what I dreamt that night.

The girl and I with family and friends were at this huge water themepark. Her papa wasn't with us (and I think it's because he was also away on a business trip then when I had the nightmare). The girl being so independent, refused to hang out with me and wanted to hang out with the older kids playing around the water themepark and I allowed her to.

The last I saw her alive was when she followed the group into this huge pool that had those artificial huge waves. Somehow, at that time I knew she's too small for that but I didn't stop her. I'm not sure why I didn't in the dream and just let her have her fun and went about doing my own things.

After a while, I sense something wrong and went to search for her. As I mentioned, the themepark was so huge and I was going around asking people whether they saw the girl and none of them did. I begin to panick and was running around till I was looking at that huge pool whereby there were a small crowd. I noticed a body was being carried out from the pool to a room and I started running towards them. I came across a staff that works there and I asked what happened and he said it was a 10 year old boy and at that time, it was a relief to me. But then, another staff came and said it was Rye Li.

I immediately ran into the room and there she was, lying motionless on a table that looked like those at the mortuary rooms. I screamed her name and told her it was mummy. And I kept asking her to "Please wake up girl, please, it's mummy, please wake up!". While I was screaming and crying all this, I also felt a total sense of guilt as to what am I going to tell her papa at that time. And then I got up.

It took me several seconds to realize it was all a dream and when I came to my senses, I had to quickly checked on the girl, who was sleeping next to me. It was such a relief then to know that it was only a dream but still, it was so real that I was thinking about the dream the whole day. When I dropped the girl off at the daycare, I immediately called her papa to tell him about the nightmare. He said that it has got to do with my hormones and that perhaps I also have the fear with Baby 2 coming along, how will I handle two kids then. Anyhow, I told him that we have to take extra precaution when she is near water from now on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aiyo! What a horrible dream! If I have such dreams...I will be crying in buckets. It's so true, after we became parents, our #1 priority is the kids. Man, when Cassie had that eczema outbreak on Wed...I cried so much 'cos I couldn't do anything to relieve her.

Anonymous said...

I just read this - yes, it's the worst ever nightmare I can imagine. You must have woken up in cold sweat!

Anyway, those hormones do go crazy and the baby book says weird dreams are common.

In psychology, we learn that dreams are just our subconscious coming up to the surface. Hubby could be right about your worrying about handling the 2 of them when they come by.

It could also be about you feeling guilty about Rye Li falling sick etc from all the outings...

As long as you do your best about keeping Rye Li safely in sight, go on with life, yeah?

All the best with the maid!