Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Updates

Time has really flown by so quickly. I'm at 13 weeks now!

Happy to say that I haven't puked at all this week, 3 times last week. The irony of last week was that the day I turned exactly 12 weeks, I puked twice that morning! :)

Nausea is subsiding, having the occasional weird feelings. The only constant thing is the weird after taste when I consume food.

And this is the best part - call it sadistic, paranoia or just plain weird. When I was pregnant with Rye Li and was constantly puking, hubby used to console me by telling me they were signs of a healthy pregnancy. This was what other people told me too.

So psychologically, I have this implanted in my mind till now. Thus last week, when my pukings were subsiding, I began to worry. "Is the baby ok?"

I was also laughing at myself as just weeks before I was complaining and complaining about my pregnancy, the "why me" self-pity mode and now when it is getting better, I have this worry too. Ok, ok, shoot me!

I told this to hubby and I said that my only consolation that I know my pregnancy should be okay is the blardy after taste I get after eating. Hah!

Yes, my emotions are crazy too which is also a tell-tale sign that the pregnancy should be okay.

I'm killing 2 birds with a stone on this post. Here's what Baby Centre has to say about being 12 weeks:-

Welcome to your second trimester! Your raging hormones could be calming down a bit and you may also notice your nausea tapering off. Most women happily wave goodbye to morning sickness around now (although queasiness can return periodically throughout pregnancy). This week, your baby's face looks much more human. Her eyes have moved closer together and her ears are just about where they should be. Your baby has entered what is known as the fetal period, when tissues and organs rapidly grow and mature. Many women enjoy pregnancy much more in this trimester — early symptoms fade and the risk of miscarriage drops dramatically. We hope this is the way it turns out for you, and we're here to support you through all the ups and downs of the weeks to come.

Here's where I'm a little confused. I was counting to 14 weeks to the 2nd trimester and Baby Centre welcomes me to it already at 12 weeks. Alot of pregnancy books and websites also states that 14 weeks is the beginning to the 2nd trimester and 28 weeks is the beginning to the 3rd trimester. So I'm still waiting for another week to go before I officially hit into my 2nd trimester.

And here's what Baby Centre has to say about 13 weeks:-

If you could hold your baby's hand this week, you'd notice the swirling lines that make up his unique fingerprints. You'd also see the veins and vital organs beneath his tissue-thin skin. He's growing... Are your long-lost energy and sex drive making a comeback? If so, you may soon find out why many women call this the honeymoon trimester. For other women, the discomforts last a while longer yet. Every pregnancy is individual — even women who have been pregnant before find that the second or third are different.

Here's where I'm laughing my head off - long lost energy and sex drive making a comeback?!! I'm sure hubby would be happy reading at this statement but sad to say, I'm still feeling really tired and all I can think of is I need more sleep! ;)

On the progress of how the girl is handling this pregnancy, I also wonder at times what is actually going on through her head. At times she is so lovey-dovey and will kiss my tummy and talk to Baby 2 saying "Hello baby, this is cher-cher (elder sister)". And then there was one night when I asked her if baby comes out, where is baby going to sleep and she replied "My bed no space ady (already), baby oi-oi (sleep) on the mattress". I then asked her if baby can sleep in her cot and she said "No!". We dismantled her cot in our room which she has not slept in since last year over the weekend and plan to have it out of sight for a while. But knowing this girl, she will be having loads to say when we put it up again for baby 2!

Hubby sleeps on the mattress in her room while I sleep with her on her bed (a queen size mattress).I need to start soon on sleeping separately from her while hubby is around as she is getting too close to me for this. I'm not sure how am I going to cope with Baby 2 and her when hubby travels next time as I planned to sleep separately with Baby 2 in my room while Rye Li remains in her room. Hubby said that we should just start training her to sleep on her own while we have the baby monitor on but somehow I'm reluctant to do this as well as I feel I can't leave her alone just as yet. Part of me feels sad to have her on her own and yet part of me knows that if I don't start soon, I will suffer later when Baby 2 comes into the picture. Now I just wish my room is big enough to have everyone in there! ;)

No comments: