Saturday, June 28, 2008

Maid still not here

It's Saturday and our maid is not here and yes, the medical report is still not out. This is really weird as I remember the agent mentioned it takes 2-3 days last week but now they said it takes 7-10 working days. And we had to call the agent, not the other way round!

So I should be picking the maid up next Saturday which really upsets me as my own checkup is on that day too. It looks like we will be having a hectic Saturday then as now I have to pick the maid up in the morning, rush her to her checkup and then I will have to postpone mine to the afternoon and she will have to tag along with us for my doc's appointment.

And poor Rye Li will also have to tag along for this the whole day! I wanted to leave the girl at the daycare for half day today since they're open as I didn't want her to tag along while we take the maid for her checkups (it will be at 2 places since the one that does the blood and urine test which I can have the results in 3 hours don't do x-ray). But now that the maid is not ready, and the fact that they daycare is closed next Saturday, my plans are all screwed up, no thanks to the darn agent!

The agent better not charge me for the maid being in their hands. I still have yet to pay the maid's upfront 6 months salary to them and I only intend to pay her salary starting July onwards and not June. I feel we're being taken for a ride as I don't have people telling me that their agents sent their maids to them before the medical report is out or that the medical report takes more than 3 days. The lady at the agent sms-ed me to say that it is the norm and I'm really doubting this.

No comments: